BRANCH ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT – FULL TIME
Reports To: GM Brownhills
No Job Holders: 1
The Branch Administration Assistant will have responsibility for ensuring that general administration within the Branch is maintained to a high standard within their agreed area of operations.
By maintaining good relationships with all departments the role will help ensure that the Company achieves its sales and production output targets.
Specific duties to include:
- Ensuring all parts procured and received into the Branch are recorded correctly onto the relevant IT systems and parts allocated correctly.
- Providing cover for the day to day duties undertaken by the purchasing administration section.
- Liaising with suppliers to maximise reseller discounts and product support
- Providing administration support for the customer services and holiday cover
- Covering Dispatch during holidays and class 1 incoming/outgoing jobs
- Answering telephone calls from customers and third parties and prioritising as required.
- Reviewing their own and generic mailboxes to ensure orders and notifications are promptly addressed and prioritised.
Administration Assistant Accountabilities:
Continuing Professional Development
- To participate in training and development activities to ensure own continuing professional development.
- To carry out self-study to ensure own knowledge remains current as appropriate.
- To continuously reflect on own performance and constantly strive to do better.
- To contribute to changes to processes and procedures which will enable the company to improve its efficiency and profitability.
- To ensure that technical knowledge and awareness of the industry is at a level to allow communication with internal and external staff at appropriate levels and to enable commercial judgements to be made on quotes provided to customers.
- To work with the Engineering team to maximise outputs and ensure jobs are completed in the most cost effective and timely manner.
- To assume any other tasks and duties required by the business, commensurate with level of role.
- To model Company expectations through own behaviour and in all verbal and written communications.
- To ensure that Paperwork is produced and filed in a timely manner and in line with agreed targets.
- To contribute to the overall development of the Company.
- Ensure that all objectives and operational plans within own area of responsibility link with the strategy, vision and objectives of the organisation.
- Comply with and ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Motivate and support people within own area to achieve their work and development objectives and provide recognition when they are successful.
- To liaise with purchasing and logistics departments to ensure workflow is maximised and costs minimised.
- Work with the Customer Services Team to develop an understanding of the customer base and provide proactive support for the relevant Line managers, including attendance, where appropriate, at relevant meetings.
- Deliver Key Performance Targets as agreed on an annual basis as part of KPI review.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Technically proficient
- PC Literate – basic level of skill required.
- High level of professionalism.
- Willingness to embrace feedback, learn from results and take responsibility for personal development to acquire new skills and share knowledge.
- Self motivated and results orientated.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills.
Do you think you have the right skills for this role?